Learn the basics of NightWalking and peripheral vision by taking this class.
In this recorded online class from March 2021, NightWalking instructor Katie Raver takes participants through the basic exercises for accessing Peripheral Vision, which can be used to walk at night without artificial light, lessen anxiety, and go into a flow state.
The High Points
- Learn the basics of NightWalking
- 4 processes for using your peripheral vision - try them yourself and share with others
- Be guided on a short, guided experience of a NightWalk (in the privacy of your own mind!)
The Class Outline
Basics of Peripheral Vision (6 videos)
- Introducing Katie & This Class
- Opening Story
- Benefits of NightWalking and Peripheral Vision
- Attention Experiment: The Peripheral Wiggle
- Attention Experiment: Bullseye to Broad
- Let's Practice
Working with a Worry (4 videos)
- Why Don't We Go Peripheral More Often?
- Attention Experiment: From Worry to Awareness
- Attention Experiment: From Words to the Big Picture
- Naturally Occurring Peripheral States
Virtual NightWalk (2 videos)
- NightWalk Guided Visualization
- Discussion: What Did You Learn?
Closing (3 videos)
- Discussion: What are you taking forward from this course?
- Saying Goodbye
- Bonus Section: Post-Class Q&A